London take 1

22:22

My first time in London was strange - I didn't do any of the regular touristy stuff that's normally taken care of on a first trip to London, of all places. Like above all else, the touristy stuff is a first time thing.

Instead, I got the train down from Liverpool (and can we talk about how that blows my mind for a second? I can get a train from one huge city to another easily, and it takes about 3 hours in comfort and I can buy food and - yeah this is the bit you can tell I come from Perth) and met another one of my friends from back home who was in the UK for a wedding.

She actually hired me at my first job, and we've known each other for over 6 years now, so it was the simplest thing to go down and meet up. And do things that aren't generally that touristy, because she's been to London a few times.

We caught the tube (again, I was in awe - I love the god damn tube, fight me) to Camden, which just quietly has been on my personal list of places to visit for the longest time. Then proceeded to wander around the markets for hours. I mean literal hours. It was amazing and I can't wait to go back hopefully soon.



We ate street food on Camden Lock and it was amazing


I feel like the day went so fast I barely realised I was in London - we used the little time we had left after the markets to visit Platform 9 and 3/4


You Might Also Like

0 comments