Icefest

23:36

I mentioned in my last post that I'd been looking for work, and while I was in Belgium and France on that coach tour I found out that I'd been successful in getting a job, starting the day after I got back to Liverpool as the Site Administrator for an installation event in town.

I was over the moon, and way less apprehensive than I thought I would be. Because I've always been scared of first impressions, and then I barely cared, all of a sudden. Bizarre.

As it would happen, I ended up meeting some of my best friends in my last three months away.

I don't know what turn of events led me to that particular job at that particular time, but I'm forever grateful it did. I did a little bit of everything, from being a PA to Neil, the technical director, to right hand woman for my right hand woman, Natalie the site manager, to handing out skates and dealing with a bunch of Scouse mums who were very mad, fixing leaking antifreeze on the ice with an Indiana Jones style slide through some barriers, working with the City's event manager - literally everything.

It was quite literally the time of my life, meeting and getting to know those lovely eggs. They taught me how to have a good time again, and it made me so so happy to slide right in along a tight knit group of people and feel like I belonged there.


















You Might Also Like

0 comments